Revenue at 30 September 2019
Solid growth during the 3rd quarter, in line with the 2019 objectives
• Revenue of €603.5 million for the first 9 months
• Up 3.8% at current exchange rates and 2.2% at constant exchange rates
• Annual objectives confirmed
Villepinte, 24 October 2019 - Guerbet (FR0000032526 GBT), a global specialist in contrast agents and solutions for medical imaging, has announced its revenue for the first nine months of its 2019 financial year.
As of September 30th, reported revenues were €603.5 million, increasing by 3.8% compared to September 30th 2018, including a favourable forex impact of €9.2 million. At constant exchange rates revenues of €594.3 million are up 2.2%. Nine months sales have been impacted by the decrease of subcontracting activities inherited from the CMDS. Without this impact, at constant exchange rate, revenues have grown 4.0% during the first nine months of the 2019 financial year.
Consolidated Group revenue (IFRS)
All regions are showing growth. In Europe sales increase was driven by Optiray® and Dotarem®. In Other Markets, sales continued to grow in the Americas and in Asia with the switch to direct distribution in Japan.
The analysis of the activity over the first nine months of the financial year shows:
• Diagnostic Imaging sales growing to €526.5 million at constant exchange rates (+3.5%) and €533.4 million at current exchange rates.
› The performance of MRI**, on a like-for-like basis (period and scope), shows an increase of 3.2% to €203.4 million at constant exchange rates (€206 million at current exchange rates).
› CT/Cath Lab** sales grew 3.9% to €314.4 million at constant exchange rates thanks to good sales of Optiray® (€318.4 million at current exchange rates).
• Interventional Imaging represents 9% of the Group’s revenue as of September 30th. It shows revenue at constant exchange rates of €51.7 million, up 11.0% (€53.3 million at current exchange rates).
The solid growth seen during the quarter provides reassurance that the Group will achieve its 2019 objectives.
Read the press release
* At constant exchange rates: amounts and rates of growth are calculated by cancelling out the exchange rate effect, which is defined as the difference between the indicator’s value for period N, converted at the exchange rate for period N-1, and the indicator’s value for period N-1.
** As a reminder, the MRI and CT / Cath Lab divisions now include sales of injection systems and related consumables.
Publication of 2019 annual revenue
13 February 2020 after trading